Surf & Turf
Benefiting Disabled Veterans Insurance Careers, Inc.
October 17-19, 2014
Pine Island, Florida
Your $1500 entry includes all of the following:
- 3 days/2 nights accommodations at the historic Tarpon Lodge on Pine Island Sound, Florida
- Custom, Limited Edition Surf & Turf Apparel
- A special commemorative gift
- Guided fishing in the back country with a charter captain fishing for redfish
- Trophies awarded to the top three teams registering the most inches of redfish
- Golf at the world class South Seas Island Resort overlooking the Gulf of Mexico
- Trophies awarded to the three teams with the lowest gross scores
- 1 trophy awarded to the three Surf & Turf overall combined champions
- 2013 attendees had a chance to win a Lexus GS for a hole-in-one courtesy of Scanlon Auto Group
- Casino night
- Live and silent auction
- 2 full breakfasts
- 2 cocktail hours
- 2 great dinners
- Boxed lunch before golf
This unique sportsman’s weekend is limited to 60 individual competitors on 20 teams and will help raise funds for DVIC; to educate, train and provide meaningful careers for our disabled veterans. This exclusive weekend combines the old world charm of Tarpon Lodge with the modern/yet historic atmosphere of South Seas Island Resort.
You will arrive on Friday and can leave your stress at the airport as you travel back in time to rustic Pine Island. Have a drink, relax in the pool, sit by the water, stroll the property before the evening kicks off with a cocktail party and a chance to meet your competition. Enjoy a gourmet dinner followed by a casino night with poker, blackjack and other challenging games of chance.
The following morning, on Saturday, after enjoying a hot breakfast, you will meet your charter captain at the Tarpon Lodge docks to begin the fishing element of the competition. Fishing for redfish, your captain will record the total inches of fish caught by your team as you explore Pine Island Sound and the beautiful waters of the Gulf of Mexico. After fishing, your captain will take you to South Seas Island Resort where your golf clubs have been delivered. You will be given a boxed lunch and can practice your putting and driving before the next leg of the competition begins.
After golf, a boat will take all the competitors back to Tarpon Lodge. Dive in the pool, relax and get ready for another fun filled night. After cocktails and bragging rights have been exchanged, enjoy another fantastic dinner followed by an auction with dozens of specialty items and the presentation of awards. Sleep in on Sunday (if you can) and don’t miss the great breakfast before leaving for home. If you have a late flight, just kick back and enjoy.
It just doesn’t get any better than this! This event is limited to the first 60 entries, so please register and send in your payment today. This is one experience you simply can’t afford to miss! For more information, call Stacey Mercado at 239.433.7189.